Welcome to a compassionate dementia care village, purpose-built to provide a high level of aged care
The doors to our first aged care home in South Australia are now open at the Repat Health Precinct, which has been transformed into a contemporary health and wellbeing campus.
About HammondCare Daw Park
Each cottage is thoughtfully designed to provide choice and independence, and includes:
- large single ensuite rooms
- a central open plan kitchen where the sights, sounds and aromas of fresh food encourage appetite and engagement in preparing meals
- a mix of spacious communal living areas and private sitting spaces to give the choice to engage socially or have some quiet time
- safe and easy access to the outdoors with shaded gardens to relax in and spend time with family and friends
- hidden utility rooms and clinical features to enhance the home environment
- dementia-friendly wayfinding features, thoughtfully designed to help residents navigate the cottage environment
- social interactions through everyday activities.
What does HammondCare Daw Park offer?
The warmth of home: All of HammondCare's homes offer a warm and welcoming atmosphere with all the comforts of home. They each have their own dining, lounge, and outdoor areas, with accessible courtyards and beautiful gardens.
Engagement with life: We offer residents the opportunity to take part in everyday activities which provide a sense of purpose and feeling involved. As well as daily activities, we provide opportunities for bus trips to beaches or national parks, visits from school students, and music and pet therapy.
A fresh food culture: High quality, varied, and delicious food is essential to everyone’s physical and emotional health. That’s why all our meals are freshly cooked on-site, and mealtimes are shared as an enjoyable social activity in the home.
Comprehensive support: At HammondCare, we aim to provide comprehensive support for each resident, their family, and carers, to help embrace physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs. We value understanding your wishes for care in the future and can provide information for you about how to communicate those wishes to your care team.
Types of care at HammondCare Daw Park
- Our unique model of care is centred on truly getting to know each person and their family. We tailor care to residents’ individual background, likes and needs
- We have more than 90 years’ experience in looking after those in need including more than 25 years’ expertise in caring for people living with dementia
- Our homes are designed specifically for someone living with dementia, to maximise comfort and wellbeing, and make each day less stressful
- As an independent Christian charity, compassion is ingrained in how we care
HammondCare is proud to provide support for those that others can't or won't. The Specialist Dementia Care Program (SDCP) provides individualised care for people who are experiencing severe BPSD and are unable to be adequately cared for in a standard residential aged care setting.
The SDCP offers temporary, transitional care to stabilise and reduce a person’s behavioural symptoms with the aim of enabling them to transition to a less intensive care setting.
This program requires referral and needs-based assessment delivered by Dementia Support Australia. To learn more about eligibility and how to access visit;