Volunteer in our hospitals
HammondCare Hospitals provide a mix of rehabilitation, palliative and supportive care, mental health care for older people, pain management, and other vital support services.
Volunteer alongside staff in their specialised areas to help provide meaningful engagement with patients and their visitors.
- Work with and support diversional therapists in a variety of activities, including arts, crafts, music and games
- Bring along your pet
- Take our trolleys from room to room – happy hour, lolly, shopping, manicure
- Become a friend to patients, visiting and sharing friendship
- Drive a small mini-bus
- Give hand massages and manicures
- Help in the office and assist the administration team
- Create fundraising opportunities
Do you have a special skill, interest or hobby that you think would benefit our patients? We are always happy to listen to your ideas and work with you to find a role that suits you. What we love is volunteers with passion.
Please contact us to find out more about volunteering in our hospitals.
- Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood/Fairfield
- Neringah Hospital, Wahroonga
- Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich
- Northern Beaches Palliative Care Out-Patient, Mona Vale
A flower, a chat and a hand to hold
For many, volunteering in a palliative care ward might seem daunting, but for Halina, it's a place where she knows she can make a difference.