HammondCare’s Privacy Statement
HammondCare complies fully with the conditions of the Privacy Act 1988, amended in 2000, to ensure that the privacy rights of every client are strictly maintained. No information will be provided to any person or agency without the consent of the client or his/her legally designated representative.
The following guidelines are provided to assist in defining how HammondCare will comply with the Privacy Act 1988, and the amendments of 2000.
- A statement regarding privacy shall be included in the employee & volunteer orientation kits.
- A Privacy Statement shall be included on the HammondCare website.
- Staff and volunteers shall be appropriately trained in privacy issues during orientation and ongoing training.
- HammondCare will develop and maintain a brochure outlining its position in regard to privacy.
- All clients shall be given a HammondCare Privacy Brochure “Respecting Your Privacy”.
- Consent must be obtained from the client, where possible, for the disclosure of personal information that has been collected.
- The HammondCare Consent Form must be used whenever there is no consent statement in the contract with the client.
- Confirmation that the client has read and understood the Privacy brochure must be obtained along with the consent.
- Personal information will not be disclosed without the client's consent unless required by law.
- Each operational area interacting with clients shall document local privacy guidelines required for compliance with this policy.
- Reasonable steps will be taken to protect personal information (in hard copy or electronic format) from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Disclosure of client records will be in accordance with the Service policy for Health Care Records.
- Storage and disposal of client records will be in accordance with separate service policies for Health Care Records.
- Personal Information will only be collected where it is necessary for the client's primary relationship to the organisation.
- Where practicable, personal information shall be collected directly from the client.
- Complaints regarding alleged breaches of the Privacy Act by HammondCare shall be directed to the Manager, Corporate Systems in the role of Privacy Officer.
- Where practical, clients shall have the option of not identifying themselves when communicating with HammondCare.
- Sensitive information (health information, religious & political beliefs, sexual preference, professional or trade associations, union membership, criminal record) shall not be collected unless:
- the individual has consented or
- collection is required by law or
- collection is necessary for the well-being of the client or other person
HammondCare's Security Policy
When purchasing from or donating to HammondCare your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard. We regularly review our practices to ensure that our supporters are protected online. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact us.
When donating to HammondCare your personal information is collected to process donations, issue tax receipts and send updates.
From time to time, we may allow like-minded charities to contact our supporters with fundraising materials. In return, they help us to reach more generous Australians like yourself.
Please contact us if you wish to limit the use of your information.
Please also note that all donations and sales via our website are processed in Australian dollars.