Current Job Vacancies
Location: Hammondville, NSW
Closing Date: 08-Dec-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Part-time opportunity – 4 days per week
- Role based at Hammondville, NSW
- The role is expected to commence in early 2018.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
About the role
HammondCare’s Bond House is a 124-place mixed low and high-care home. The Residential Care Home is currently seeking a Volunteer Leader who will be responsible for leading and growing a vibrant volunteer service that provides volunteer assistance to residents, staff and families at our Hammondville site.
The essence of this role:
- Recruitment and on boarding of volunteers
- Management and mentoring of volunteers
- Promoting the Volunteer service
Reporting to the Head of Volunteers, the successful applicant will:
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- Experience working with and leading volunteers.
- Demonstrated aptitude for team leadership.
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as well with other staff.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and develop a team and effectively work with other staff.
- Ability to work within Hammond Care’s Motivation, Mission and Mission in Action
- Displays initiative.
- Attitude of service.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Good relationship building skills and empathy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Volunteer Leader info pack Nov17 (379 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Barry Costello on 0414 443 340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 8 December 2017
All short-listed applicants will be asked to consent to a national criminal record check.