Current Job Vacancies
Residential Care Workers (Specialised Dementia Carers)
Location: Caulfield, VIC
Closing Date: 31-Mar-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Part-time and casual opportunities based in Caulfield
- Friendly and professional team
- Looking for experienced and passionate carers
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
About the role
A Residential Care Worker (Specialised Dementia Carer - SDC) is a multi-skilled role, providing personalised care to residents living with complex needs and dementia in accordance with HammondCare’s philosophy of care and values. SDCs provide care and support to residents, enabling them to engage in life within the home. SDCs assist with the full range of duties including personal care, and provide opportunities for residents to engage in activities of daily living (eg. participation in domestic tasks), leisure activities and wider community involvement. The rationale for having a multi-skilled staff model is to ensure that residents’ needs are met when they arise, and that disruptions to residents are at a minimum, with familiar staff tending to all the residents’ needs.
- You will have a strong commitment to working within our Mission, Values and Vision;
- The ability to work independently and to accept a level of responsibility, and be able to work as part of a supportive team environment.
- A willingness to undergo training and be able to work within HammondCare’s unique philosophy of care that strongly supports each resident’s choice and dignity.
- A desire and passion for caring for people living with complex care needs and living with dementia.
- Experience in providing care for another person (e.g, aged care, disability care).
- Basic knowledge (or willingness to gain knowledge) of people living with dementia and their needs.
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs.
- The ability to problem-solve.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on the link below:
Careers_SDC_Feb17 (440 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Rachel McLeish on +61 3 9320 6002.
Closing Date: 31 March 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and pre-employment functional assessment.