Current Job Vacancies
Location: Scone, NSW
Closing Date: Open until further notice
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Are you looking to make a change in your career?
- Full time roles available.
- Located at Scone, NSW
HammondCare has a number of new and exciting opportunities for Registered Nurses passionate about caring for people living with Dementia. We are looking for Registered Nurses to join the team at Scone, NSW.
Strathearn is a wholly owned subsidiary of
HammondCare located in the Upper Hunter township of Scone, providing a range of
care and accommodation services for the elderly in the region. Strathearn provides residential and community
care, independent and retirement living, day therapy centres, community meals
and other elder services.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity
that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
HammondCare specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care
services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible
care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs,
regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
The role of the Registered Nurse works within
the Code of Conduct of Strathearn to ensure a high standard of support is
provided to enable the Residential Care Team to function smoothly.
More about the role
Registered Nurses (RN) work within the Mission and Mission in Action of
HammondCare and make a significant contribution to the care of residents by
advising and supporting the Care Service Employee Carers (CSE’s) to provide
holistic care that is aligned with HammondCare and Strathearn’s philosophy of
This role is a clinical support role and is carried out in a
consultative and advisory manner, where the nursing and care staff work
together to improve quality of life for residents. The role has a level of
professional accountability and responsibility in line with the registration
requirements of an RN qualification.
The RN is a core member of the residential care team and works with both
the management of the home and the CSEs to provide tailored and individualised
responsive care for each resident.
The essence of this role:
- Advising and supporting the care delivery by the CSE’s.
- Educating and mentoring in clinical areas and processes.
- Consulting in case management and clinical decision making.
- Providing clinical oversight and professional competence as a Registered Nurse.
- Implementing and supporting a resident comfort focus.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- RN qualified and current registration with AHPRA.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience problem solving and doing this with input from others when providing client care.
- Demonstrated experience working with people living with Dementia.
- The ability to apply critical thinking skills in the workplace.
- A passion for caring for people living with Dementia.
- Empathy and patience.
to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the
selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on the link
Careers_RN_Strathearn_AUG_2017 (463 KB)
Careers_RN_Strathearn_AUG_2017 (463 KB)
Please complete the availability form in the info pack and submit with your application.
Please note: you will be asked to confirm your availability at interview and will need to be able to commit to work the hours you indicate you are available for work at interview
For any specific queries please email: email@example.com
All short listed applicants for these positions
will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.