Current Job Vacancies
Pastoral Care Coordinator (0.4FTE)
Location: Cardiff, NSW
Closing Date: 03-Jan-2018
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
An exciting part-time role (0.4FTE)
- Based in Cardiff, NSW
- Innovative, industry-leading Independent Christian Charity in rapidly growing health industry
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
More about the role
The role of Pastoral Care Coordinator (HammondAtHome) works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure that pastoral care and support is provided to community clients, their families and staff of HammondCare. They will act as a role model for staff and as an advocate for HammondCare’s mission and Christian values, mindful of the sensitivities of providing spiritual care and support in community settings. They share their pastoral expertise and coach Managers, Co-ordinators and Care Workers to support the spiritual needs of clients.
The essence of this role:
- Ensure that pastoral care and support is provided to community clients, their families and staff of HammondCare.
- Act as a role model for staff and as an advocate for HammondCare’s mission and Christian values, mindful of the sensitivities of providing spiritual care and support in community settings.
- Share their pastoral expertise and coach Managers, Co-ordinators and Care Workers to support the spiritual needs of clients.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- Theological / Pastoral Care Qualifications.
- Ordination or credentialed Ministry not essential, but desirable.
- Strong personal and active Christian faith and church involvement is essential.
- Understanding of the spiritual & pastoral needs of those living with dementia or receiving palliative care in their own home.
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Empathy and patience.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please see our website or the link below:
Careers_PPCo_Oct17 (354 KB)
Careers_PPCo_Oct17 (354 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please email: email@example.com.
Closing Date: 3 January 2018
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.