Current Job Vacancies
Community Care Workers, HammondCare At Home
Location: Northern Sydney Area
Closing Date: 30-Sep-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Fantastic permanent opportunities available across 7 days per week
- Minimum contracted hours can be negotiated
- Roles available in Upper North Shore, Lower North Shore and Northern Beaches locations – which Mileage allowance is paid
- Play a vital role in our clients day to day life
Are you looking for a rewarding role? Would you like to improve the quality of life for people in need? Do you want to join a reputable organisation in the Health and Aged Care industry?
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services.
HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
About the role
The role of the Care Worker (HammondCare At Home) works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to deliver a range of “in-home” aged care services to clients who are in receipt of a home care package and/or other aged care services. The Care Worker (HammondCare At Home) works mostly alone in the clients’ homes, but under the direct supervision of their Case Manager.
This role is expected to deliver outstanding levels of client service and to perform delegated duties to a high standard within the HammondCare Mission and Core Values so as to maximise client satisfaction.
- Community care workers are part of dedicated and well-supported teams providing care in the home, including personal care such as showering and toileting, to our clients.
- The community care worker role is varied and fulfilling and one in which you really have the opportunity to ‘make someone’s day’.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- You genuinely enjoy engaging with older people and have a passion and regard for the older generation;
- You have an understanding of, or interest in learning more about, dementia and how to build relationships with people with dementia or special needs;
- You are flexible in your approach to work and hours
- You enjoy a degree of responsibility in your job;
- Your most valuable qualities are kindness and common sense;
- You have a current Driver’s Licence and a reliable, insured car - for which mileage allowance is paid;
- No experience in Aged Care is required except a passion and enthusiasm to care for the elderly
Why work for HammondCare?
- We are a Values driven, rapidly growing organisation
- We will provide you with extensive training and development opportunities
- Role security and work/life balance
- HammondCare has a career development framework designed to develop and support you in your role and provide career progression opportunities
- We can offer you a competitive salary
- You can take advantage of Salary Packaging and other benefits offered through HammondCare Benefits, our exclusive employee benefits program.
- We provide a supportive environment
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please see the link below:
Careers CCW NS Info July17 (391 KB)
Careers CCW NS Info July17 (391 KB)
- Please complete the availability form in the info pack and submit with your application.
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please email email@example.com
Closing date: 30 September 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and pre-employment functional assessment.