Current Job Vacancies
Location: Hornsby Ku-Ring-Gai, South East Sydney and South West Sydney Areas
Closing Date: 24-Mar-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- HammondCare are seeking Exercise Physiology staff to join our Restorative Care Allied Health team
- Permanent full-time and or part-time opportunities available in Hornsby Ku-Ring-Gai, South East Sydney and South West Sydney Areas
- Friendly and professional team
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, cancer rehabilitation and mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join HammondCare’s growing Restorative Care Allied health team providing Rehabilitation and Aged Care services across the Hornsby Ku-Ring-Gai, South East and South West Sydney areas.
The role of the Exercise Physiologist is to work within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure a high standard of Exercise Physiology service is provided to clients through HammondCare’s Centre for Positive Ageing, along with appropriate support and advice to their carers. The Exercise Physiologist will participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure a client centred, evidence based, continuous quality improvement work environment that is consistent with the values and ethics of HammondCare and Exercise and Sports Science Australia.
The essence of this role:
- Participate as a member of the HammondCare team in the application of the organisation’s Mission and values to the pursuit of its objectives in a client centred, continuous quality improvement work environment
- Provision of effective and efficient Exercise Physiology service to clients and appropriate support and advice to their family, carers and other HammondCare staff
- Assist in the development and delivery of short term restorative care programs for clients in accordance with HammondCare requirements and the Australian Government Department of Health Short-Term Restorative Care Programme
- Participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in assessing clients’ level of functional and care needs, setting care goals and providing appropriate treatment
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- A tertiary qualification in Exercise Physiology and accreditation as an Exercise Physiologist with ESSA
- Previous practical experience or Knowledge in providing Exercise Physiology Services in a Rehabilitation or Aged Care setting.
- Minimum 1 year of post graduate clinical experience in Exercise Physiology
- Please refer to the essential and desirable criteria listed in the Exercise Physiology information pack
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Careers_ExerisePhysio_March17 (362 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Natalie Robson on (02) 8788 3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: COB 24 March 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.