Current Job Vacancies
Location: Caulfield, VIC
Closing Date: 03-March-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Permanent Part Time opportunity
- Based at Caulfield
- Working within a friendly and supportive team within our Residential Services
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
More about the role
The role of the Enrolled Nurse works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure provision of safe, competent nursing care and are responsible for maintaining the competence necessary to undertake clinical practice. The EN provides safe, effective and quality resident care.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- Current endorsement/ enrolment with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Minimum one year’s experience working in a residential aged care setting
- Experience and/or qualifications in the specialty (desirable) – Palliative Care, Rehabilitation or Specialist Mental Health for Older Persons
- Experience in working with people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and other language/ bilingual skills (desirable).
- Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multidisciplinary team and to be able to work independently. Experience working within a team nursing model and understanding of team member role.
- Empathy and patience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Careers_EN_Jan17 (570 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Sharon O’Neill on (03) 8506 4031.
Closing Date, 3 March 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.