Current Job Vacancies
Consultants, Dementia Centre
Location: Various Locations
Closing Date: 26-Feb-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Full time opportunities in Greenwich and St Mary's NSW, Rivervale Perth, Walkerville Adelaide, Malvern Melbourne, Ballarat/Bendigo Victoria, Shepparton Victoria, Launceston Hobart
- Friendly and professional national team
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
The Dementia Centre was founded by HammondCare in 1995 as an impartial resource and provider of research and expertise to the aged and dementia care community. This is key to HammondCare's commitment to excellence in dementia care.
There are three main operating arms within the Dementia Centre: Consultancy support and advice on dementia care, the Severe Behaviour Response Team (SBRT) and the National Dementia Behavoural Management Advisory Service (DBMAS). HammondCare has been selected to lead the Australian Government funded DBMAS and SBRT programs to 30 June 2019. As a Consultant working in the Dementia Centre, you may be asked to work in any one of the three areas of focus, depending on your skills and experience. This role description outlines the requirements of each area.
More about the role
The role of Consultant provides knowledge, skill and advice on matters relating to excellent dementia care in clinical and non-clinical matters that is in line with HammondCare’s Mission, Mission in Action and approaches to dementia care.
The essence of this role:
- Providing dementia specific expert consulting and education services within and outside of HammondCare
- Delivery of SBRT and DBMAS service quality including assessment, case management, mentoring and modelling to reduce the impact of behaviours on people living with dementia, their carers and staff
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- It is expected that the incumbent will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in dementia care at a senior level. Tertiary qualifications in a related clinical field with specialist knowledge or experience in dementia care is essential.
- Strong ability to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia and to be able to impart that knowledge to managers and staff to improve their ability to support people in need.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong planning and organising skills with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Careers_consultant_Jan17 (368 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Luke Mackay on 02 9268 6875 during business hours Monday to Thursday.
Closing Date, 26 February 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.