Current Job Vacancies
Community Care Workers
Location: South West Sydney, NSW
Closing Date: 16-Aug-2018
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
Are you looking for a job where you feel you can make a difference?
Are you interested in negotiating your own hours of work based on your personal commitments? Are you looking to work for a values-driven, established and rapidly growing organization that offers guaranteed hours every week?
This is the role for you!
- Part-time and full-time roles available in the Bankstown, Fairfield, Liverpool, Campbelltown/Camden, Wollondilly and Wingecarribee areas, with guaranteed contract hours (depending on applicant’s availability, 20 – 38 hour per week permanent contracts are available);
- We offer the advantage of Salary Packaging (increasing take-home pay) and an exclusive employee benefits program;
- We offer a competitive salary, penalty rates, paid travel time and kilometres, and pay $21 any time you have a gap over 1 hour (broken shift) in your schedule.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
Why work for HammondCare?
- We are a values driven, established and rapidly growing organization;
- We will provide you with extensive training and development opportunities;
- We offer role security and work/life balance;
- We offer a career development framework, designed to develop and support you in your role and provide career progression opportunities;
- We offer a competitive, secure salary;
- We offer the advantage of Salary Packaging and other benefits offered through HammondCare Benefits, our exclusive employee benefits program.
About the role
The role of the Community Care Worker delivers a range of “in-home” aged care services to clients who are in receipt of a home care package and/or other aged care services. The Community Care Worker works mostly alone in the clients’ homes, but under the indirect supervision of their Case Manager.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare's Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- No formal qualification necessary, however Certificate III Aged Care is an advantage.
- Passion for providing care for older people and to care for those living with dementia.
- A current drivers licence, reliable car and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between clients homes throughout the shifts in the South West Sydney Region.
- Ability to use a smart phone and email.
- Empathy and patience.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For details on how to apply, please click on the link below:
CCW SWS Info June 2018 (379 KB)
Any information not answered in the information pack, please contact Diane Wilson 02 8788 3710.
Closing Date: 16 August 2018
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and pre-employment functional assessment.