Current Job Vacancies
Community Care Workers
Closing Date: 22-June-2018
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Experience being able to make a difference in someone’s daily life.
- Provide care and support our clients in a job where your own personality is valued.
- Flexible options available starting with a starting base of 20 hours across the week from Monday to Friday.
Looking for Community Care Workers in the ACT region including Queanbeyan and Braidwood areas in NSW.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
We are passionate about improving quality of life for people in need and are currently looking for people who share this passion. Our 'At Home' services are growing and we are seeking care workers who genuinely want to make a difference in older people's lives, by enabling our clients to maintain their sense of independence and wellbeing in their own home.
About the role
The role of the Care Worker (HammondCare At Home) works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to deliver a range of “in-home” aged care services to clients who are in receipt of a home care package and/or other aged care services
The Care Worker (HammondCare At Home) works mostly alone in the clients’ homes, but under the direct supervision of their Case Manager or service Manager (for other aged care services). This role is expected to deliver outstanding levels of client service and to perform delegated duties to a high standard within the HammondCare Mission and Core Values so as to maximise client satisfaction.
The essence of this role:
- Deliver a range of ‘in-home’ and/or other aged care services according to the care requirements and care plans of each client.
- Enable each client to have the opportunity to succeed at the activities of daily living which promote dignity, self-respect and maintain the client’s quality of life and abilities.
- Maintain and update care activities and client status in clients’ notes and ensure completion of all documentation, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Abide by all HammondCare Workplace Health & Safety Policies and Procedures, including reporting of hazardous procedures and work areas and anything that has or might compromise the care of the client or the health of the staff member.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare's Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- No formal qualification necessary, however Certificate III Aged Care is an advantage.
- Experience and passion in providing personal care for elderly people and to care for those living with dementia.
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare's sites and from client to client homes throughout the shifts.
- Administrative and computer skills, including the usage of a smart phone.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
careers_CCW_ACT_May18 (394 KB)
careers_CCW_ACT_May18 (394 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Tammy Makin, 1800 826 166
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and pre-employment functional assessment.