Current Job Vacancies
Community Care Workers
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Closing Date: 22-Dec-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Opportunities are available across 7 days per week particularly on weekends for part time employees to join our team
- This role will enable you to say “I made a difference today!”
- The ability to speak a language other than English is advantageous, people with any of the following language skills would be highly regarded: Greek, Mandarin, Italian, Vietnamese and Cantonese
HammondCare currently has fantastic opportunities for Home Care Services in Melbourne (in the North, East and Western regions).
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
We are passionate about improving quality of life for people in need and are currently looking for people who share this passion. Our 'At Home' services are growing and we are seeking care workers who genuinely want to make a difference in older people's lives, by enabling our clients to maintain their sense of independence and wellbeing in their own home.
About the Role
The role of the Care Worker (Home Care Services) works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to deliver a range of "in-home" aged care services to clients who are in receipt of a Dementia Specific home care package. It requires services tailored to the needs of individuals, delivered within budget and service expectations. The Care Worker (Home Care Services) works mostly alone in the clients' homes, but under the supervision of the Home Care Services Manager. This role is expected to deliver outstanding levels of client service and to perform delegated duties to a high standard within the HammondCare Mission and Core Values to maximise client satisfaction.
- Qualified in Aged Care (Certificate III highly desirable)
- Experience in caring for people with dementia.
- The ability to take initiative and to problem-solve.
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs.
- The ability to use a smart phone (i.e. mobile phone with touch screen, internet, and email) and basic computer skills.
- The ability to work independently and to accept a level of responsibility.
- The ability to be a team player and work effectively as part of a team.
- People with any of the following language skills would be highly regarded: Greek, Mandarin, Italian, Vietnamese and Cantonese
- A current Australian Driver's Licence and your own reliable registered and comprehensively insured vehicle.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please see link below:
Careers_CCW_Melb_Oct17 (577 KB)
Careers_CCW_Melb_Oct17 (577 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please phone Andrew Haszard, 1800 826 166
Closing Date: 22 December 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and pre-employment functional assessment.