Current Job Vacancies
Community Care Worker
Location: Bathurst, NSW
Closing Date: 28-Nov-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Part-time/and or Casual opportunities are available across 7 days per week (7am start desirable
- Are you looking to say “I made a difference today?”
HammondCare currently has fantastic opportunities for HammondCareAtHome Care Workers in the Bathurst Area.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity specialising in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation and older persons’ mental health services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services. HammondCare provides these services through sub-acute hospitals, residential aged care facilities and innovative home care services across NSW.
Bringing these health and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to meet the needs of older Australians. HammondCare has a particular commitment to dementia care and research as well as to the financially disadvantaged.
HammondCare works to ensure its staff have support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
About the role
Community care workers are part of a dedicated and well-supported teams who provide care for older people in their own homes, including personal care such as showering and toileting to our clients. The community care worker role is varied and fulfilling and one in which you really have the opportunity to make a difference. Comprehensive and ongoing training and development are provided.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action;
- Evidence of regard for elderly people, and experience in providing care for another person (paid or unpaid) is an advantage;
- Willingness to gain knowledge of dementia and complex care needs, and build professional relationships with people who live with dementia and age related health conditions;
- Flexible in your approach to work and hours and enjoy a degree of responsibility in your job. We do require people to be available from 7am. We also have need for care delivery in the mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends. A reliable vehicle, current drivers licence and safe driving record, and a willingness to travel within the HammondCare At Home Central West region.
- Ability to use a smart phone (provided) and email.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Empathy and patience.
- No experience in Aged Care required except a passion and enthusiasm to care for the elderly in their home
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Careers_CCWBathurst_Nov17 (582 KB)
Careers_CCWBathurst_Nov17 (582 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Fiona Joy on (02) 6338 1309
Please note, applications that do not address the selection criteria listed in the information pack will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 28 November 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and pre-employment functional assessment.