Current Job Vacancies
Community Care Workers
Location: Western Sydney
Closing Date: Open until further notice
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
Are you not getting enough hours of work with your current employer?
Are you interested in negotiating your own hours of work based on your personal commitments? Are you looking to work for a values-driven, established and rapidly growing organization that offers guaranteed hours every week?
This is the role for you!
- Part-time roles available within Western Sydney areas, (includes Nepean, Blacktown, Holroyd and The Hills area) with minimum guarantee of 20 hours per week (depending on applicant’s availability, 20 – 35 hour per week permanent contracts are available);
- We offer the advantage of Salary Packaging (increasing take-home pay) and an exclusive employee benefits program;
- We offer a competitive salary, penalty rates, paid travel time and kilometres, and pay $21 any time you have a gap over 1 hour (broken shift) in your schedule.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity specialising in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation and older persons’ mental health services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services. HammondCare provides these services through sub-acute hospitals, residential aged care facilities and innovative home care services across NSW.
Bringing these health and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to meet the needs of older Australians. HammondCare has a particular commitment to dementia care and research as well as to the financially disadvantaged.
HammondCare works to ensure its staff have support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
About the role
Community care workers are part of a dedicated and well-supported teams who provide care for older people in their own homes.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action;
- No formal qualifications are necessary, however Certificate III in Aged or Home Care is an advantage;
- Evidence of regard for elderly people, and experience in providing care for another person (paid or unpaid) is an advantage;
- Willingness to gain knowledge of dementia and complex care needs, and build professional relationships with people who live with dementia and age related health conditions;
- A reliable vehicle, current drivers licence and safe driving record, and willingness to travel within the HammondCare At Home Western Sydney regions.
- Ability to use a smart phone (provided) and email.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Empathy and patience.
Why work for HammondCare?
- We are a values driven, established and rapidly growing organization;
- We will provide you with extensive training and development opportunities;
- We offer role security and work/life balance;
- We offer a career development framework, designed to develop and support you in your role and provide career progression opportunities;
- We offer a competitive, secure salary;
- We offer the advantage of Salary Packaging and other benefits offered through HammondCare Benefits, our exclusive employee benefits program.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program. For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Careers_CCW_WS_Aug17 (578 KB)
Careers_CCW_WS_Aug17 (578 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please email email@example.com
Please note, applications that do not address the selection criteria listed in the information pack will not be accepted.
Closing Date: open until further notice
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and pre-employment functional assessment.