Current Job Vacancies
Community Care Manager (Registered Nurse)
Closing Date: 26-Feb-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Exciting Full-time opportunity available
- Based at HammondCareAtHome Gosford
- Friendly and professional team
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
More about the role
The role of the Community Care Manager (HammondAtHome) works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure a good understanding of individual client needs and preferences and that staff are able to provide services tailored to the needs of individuals, delivered within budget and service expectations. The role is responsible for service development, ongoing client assessment, and development and review of care plans in consultation with clients and key stakeholders. The Community Care Manager is also responsible for leading, supporting, and mentoring their team. The role has a level of professional accountability and responsibility in line with the registration requirements of a Registered Nurse (Division 1, General) or Enrolled Nurse (Divisions 2 or 3, General) from the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as the role is responsible for the management and direct care of clients’ clinical needs. The Community Care Manager works in partnership and consultation with the Client Liaison Manager and Clinical Management Adviser, where required.
The essence of this role:
- Responsible for service development, ongoing client assessment, and development and review of care plans in consultation with clients and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for leading, supporting, and mentoring their team.
- Responsible for the management and direct care of clients’ clinical needs.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- Clinical qualification with current registration with AHPRA including:
- Registered Nurse (Division 1, General), or
- Enrolled Nurse (Divisions 2 or 3 General).
- Knowledge of the Home Care Packages Program Guidelines, Home Care Common Standards and HammondAtHome Care Worker Enterprise Agreement 2015.
- Experience managing a team of skilled professionals.
- Experienced in operating effectively in a multi-site environment.
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Empathy and patience.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Careers_CCM_Feb17 (367 KB)
For any specific queries please contact the Area Manager on 1800 826 166.
Closing Date: 26 February 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.