Current Job Vacancies
Case Manager – Older Person’s Mental Health (OPMH)
Location: Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood NSW
Closing Date: 31-Aug-2018
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Exciting part time opportunity based at Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood NSW
- Looking for a Case manager to join our team who is experienced in Older Person’s Mental Health with a Social Work background.
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of NSW Health entitlements
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
Older Person’s Mental Health (OPMH) Community Team is a multidisciplinary team who provide a four phase delivery of care to consumers: assessment, diagnosis, treatment and discharge of a wide range of mental health and behavioural disorders affecting older people; usually over 65 years of age. Some consumers however, may require longer term care and support. The service aims to assist families and carers of people experiencing these problems. Clients are seen in the clinic at Braeside hospital, however, home visits can be organised as needed.
About the role
The role of Case Manager, OPMH works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure that clients with mental health diagnoses living in the community, and referred to the service are actively supported to continue to live in the community. Using their clinical skill in the area of social work they provide effective case management to patients of the services developing and implementing care plans to appropriate to each individual patients needs to improve quality of life.
The essence of this role is to:
- Assess and fully understand each client’s care needs, consulting with colleagues to develop care plans to improve quality of life.
- Provide care to clients in the community, implementing the client’s care plan, coordinating care provided by the MDT, and evaluating effectiveness of interventions
- Provide support to families and carers to enable them to support long term care goals/needs of the client.
- Coordinate care, accessing and collaborating with other government and non-government agencies to ensure consumers receive services relevant to their needs
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- Experienced Case manager in Older Person’s Mental Health with a Social Work background.
- A recognised tertiary qualification in Social Work and eligibility for membership to AASW
- Practical experience or Extensive Knowledge in providing Social Work Services in Aged Care Psychiatry or Mental Health.
- Experience working with people who have diagnosed acute or chronic mental illness.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NSW Mental Health Act (2007) and a commitment to the National Agenda for Mental Health reform.
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services and within the community.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Empathy and patience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a benefits program. As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with Public health System Nurses’ and Midwives (State Award) and the Crown Employees Nurses’ (State Award). For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Careers_CM_OPMH_Aug18 (629 KB)
Careers_CM_OPMH_Aug18 (629 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Kamal Devkota, 9756 8710
Closing date: 31 August 2018
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.