Current Job Vacancies
Case Manager, Community SMHSOP – Registered Nurse
Location: Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood NSW
Closing Date: 28-Feb-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Based at Braeside Hospital, Prairiewood NSW
- Permanent Part-time role -24 hours per week
- Professional and friendly team
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
More about the role
The role of Case Manager, Community SMHSOP works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure that clients with mental health diagnoses living in the community, and referred to the service are actively supported to continue to live in the community.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- RN- eligible for professional membership under AHPRA to support this.
- Post basic qualifications in mental health or working towards the same- first year must be completed
- Significant practical experience in a mental health/community health or a combination; greater than 3 years
- Experience working with people who have diagnosed acute or chronic mental illness.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NSW Mental Health Act (2007) and a commitment to the National Agenda for Mental Health reform.
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services and within the community.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Empathy and patience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Careers_SMHSOP_Feb17 (339 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Wendy Gardiner on 0400 525 003.
Closing Date, 28 February 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.
Applicants for positions designated as Category A will be required to obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment.