Current Job Vacancies
Community Care Workers
Location: Inner West, NSW
Closing Date: 28-Feb-2018
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- An exciting part time role based in the Inner West, NSW
- Join a friendly and professional team
- Innovative, industry-leading Independent Christian Charity in rapidly growing health industry
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
Why work for HammondCare
- We are a Values driven, rapidly growing organisation
- We will provide you with extensive training and development opportunities
- HammondCare has a career development framework designed to develop and support you in your role and provide career progression opportunities
- You can take advantage of Salary Packaging and other benefits offered through HammondCare Benefits, our exclusive employee benefits program.
About the role
The role of the Care Worker (HammondCare At Home) works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to deliver a range of “in-home” aged care services to clients who are in receipt of a home care package and/or other aged care services (i.e. Respite, Social Club, Transpac, CHSP, etc). The Care Worker (HammondCare At Home) works mostly alone in the clients’ homes, but under the direct supervision of their Case Manager or service Manager (for other aged care services). This role is expected to deliver outstanding levels of client service and to perform delegated duties to a high standard within the HammondCare Mission and Core Values so as to maximise client satisfaction.
It is important to note that the HammondCare At Home Care Worker role is covered by an enterprise agreement, the HammondAtHome Care Worker Enterprise Agreement 2015, which sets out the employment conditions for the role.
The essence of this role:
- Deliver a range of ‘in-home’ and/or other aged care services according to the care requirements and care plans of each client.
- Enable each client to have the opportunity to succeed at the activities of daily living which promote dignity, self-respect and maintain the client’s quality of life and abilities.
- Maintain and update care activities and client status in clients’ notes and ensure completion of all documentation, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Abide by all HammondCare Workplace Health & Safety Policies and Procedures, including reporting of hazardous procedures and work areas and anything that has or might compromise the care of the client or the health of the staff member.
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- No formal qualification necessary, however Certificate III Aged Care is an advantage.
- Evidence of regard for elderly people, experience in providing care for another person is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of (or willingness to gain knowledge of) People living with dementia and their needs and a willingness to build relationships with people who have dementia.
- Experienced in operating effectively in a multi-site environment.
- A current drivers licence and safe driving record. Willingness to travel between HammondCare’s sites and services.
- Administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Empathy and patience.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Careers_CW_InnerWest_Nov17 (581 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and pre-employment functional assessment.