Current Job Vacancies
Advanced Trainee Palliative Medicine
Location: Braeside Hospital
Closing Date: 04-Mar-2017
How to Apply: Send your resume to the contact below
- Full-time opportunity available for both 1st (February – August) and 2nd term (August – January) 2017
- Based at Braeside Hospital
- Friendly and professional team
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
Bringing these health, hospital and aged care services together, HammondCare has been able to develop innovative, flexible care models designed to serve people with complex health or aged care needs, regardless of their circumstances.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.
More about the role
This role works within HammondCare Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action to provide quality healthcare to patients under supervision, while developing a broad knowledge of the principles and practice of palliative medicine and a satisfactory level of competence in palliative medicine as required for Advanced Training.
- MBBS or equivalent, currently registered or eligible for registration with Medical Board of Australia
- RACP advanced trainees (Palliative Medicine and other specialties), Australian Chapter of Palliative Medicine trainees, Faculty of Pain Medicine trainees or be eligible for advanced training in Palliative Medicine by the possession of a Fellowship in another college recognized by the Chapter of Palliative Medicine
- Experience in Palliative Medicine or related specialty
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Completed at least 4 years residency post-graduation
- Proven satisfactory clinical performance, supported by submission of two current referees
- Demonstrated sound, effective communication skills
- Clear understanding of, and personal commitment to, the Mission, Motivation & Mission in Action of HammondCare
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Organisational ability – both personal organisation and ability to supervise others.
- Demonstrated compassion and caring attitude.
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a fabulous benefits program.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
For an information pack, including the selection criteria, and details on how to apply, please click on link below:
Careers_Trainee_PC_Jan17 (554 KB)
For any specific queries not answered by the information pack, please contact Dr Fiona Stafford-Bell on 9756 8800
Closing Date, 4 March 2017
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check.